Thursday, March 8, 2012

Primo Eurobath - Bath Time Made Easy



When my cousin first recommended this giant baby bathtub to me, I thought she was crazy. I should have known that a full time working mother of three - each a year apart - wouldn't be wasting her time with baby items that didn't make sense. I truly believe this is the best baby bathtub on the market. We started out with a small tub when T was a newborn. For first time parents, the tiny tubs give that important sense of security (What if I drop him while he's slippery wet?). Since my kids grow at the speed of light, however, it was soon time for the next step. The Primo Eurobath allows you that same security, is fun for the kids, and best of all, you save on water! Just put the Primo in the big bathtub, fill it up, and you're set. The unique design of the tub allows infants from birth to six months to recline on one end of the tub. I'll admit, Z, even at 3 months old, requires the big teddy bear sponge we used for his sponge baths under him to keep him steady. Soon, however, he'll be reclining with ease. Around six months, or whenever they can sit up fairly well, you can switch them to the other side where they sit in an upright position. Their back is supported, and there is molding between the legs to prevent "slippage". We used the Primo for T until he was almost 2 years old. He loved it because it was like his own mini tub, yet big enough to play with his toys. We loved it because we saved on water, and it kept him in one place so we weren't constantly having to hold on to a wiggly toddler while bathing him in a big tub. When bath time is over, you just release the plug and drain the water to the tub drain.

My cousin told me that she would have one of her older daughters sit on the "big" side, while the infant reclined on the opposite side. We all know how much older siblings like to help out with the babies, and mom gets to kill two birds with one stone. I tried it with my 3 year old and 3 month old while my husband was out of town. Ha! Three year old T whined the whole time that Z was touching him with his feet (Come on, really?? He's 3 months old!) I guess three year olds are too big for sharing! Had they been a little closer in age, though, I think this is a great idea – sibling bonding and time savings all in one!

A word of caution...it's big! If space is at a premium, or if you have a shared bathroom in which the Primo can't be stored in the big tub when not in use, this might not be the tub for you. If you can swing it though, I highly recommend it!

The Primo Eurobath retails for $27 at baby specialty stores.

BCuzWeSaidSo

1 comment: