Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Seasons 52 – Guilt Free Tastes Good!

To echo a previous sentiment, I love food…but it doesn’t have to make me fat. Finally coming to my senses after an upward weight climb post baby #2, I joined Weight Watchers a couple of weeks ago (5th times a charm, right)? I figured I couldn’t really refer to it as baby weight anymore since Z is 8 months old. That, and the weight all poured on after I stopped nursing and continued to eat like I still had a little calorie sucker. (Fried Chicken, Pizza, Burgers, anyone?) I’m making a calculated effort to really stick to the plan this time – at least during week. So when my Father-In-Law invited us to dinner, I suggested a recent discovery of mine – Seasons 52. Appropriately named for the seasonal menu that changes each of the 52 weeks of the year, the menu offers a nice selection of fresh, simply prepared dishes.

Everything on Seasons 52’s menu is under 475 calories. They cook with no butter. Sounds boring, right? Sounds like you are going to be forced to eat the equivalent of a tiny tasteless Lean Cuisine meal. Wrong!! For 475 calories (or less) I had a whole Grilled Boneless Rainbow Trout with a lemon glaze, parsley new potatoes, and roasted rainbow carrots (9 pts). D had the Woodroasted Pork Tenderloin, with soft herb polenta, cremini mushrooms, broccoli, shallot-Dijon glaze (10 pts), and FIL had Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon with cremini mushrooms, rainbow carrots, asparagus, garlic mashed potatoes (12 pts). For appetizers we shared the Ripe Plum Tomato flatbread with fresh basil, roasted garlic, melted Parmesan cheese (10 pts) and the Maryland Crab, Roasted Shrimp & Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms under a Parmesan-panko crust (9 pts). The food was very good, tasted fresh, and was seasoned perfectly.

For dessert, they offer what they call “Mini Indulgences”, which are desserts in a shot glass. We tried the Pecan Pie with Vanilla Mousse (9 pts), Belgian Chocolate Rocky Road (10 pts), and Blueberry Cheesecake (7 pts). The perfect size to satisfy that sweet craving.

I can honestly say I was full at the end of dinner. Full, but not “stick a fork in me, I’m done” or “you might have to roll me home” full. Pleasantly satisfied. And when I weighed myself this morning, I had lost two pounds. Amazing!

And you know what the best thing is about eating such a light meal?? More wine!!!

www.seasons52.com
340 Ward Pkwy
Kansas City, MO 64112
(816) 531-0052

TRY IT...Because I said so.

No comments:

Post a Comment